Re: [SLE] Nvidia splash screen?
  • From: "B. Stia" <usr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 18:20:47 -0400
On Monday 27 June 2005 14:46, John D Lamb wrote:
> Jonathan Brooks wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > First off - I don't have an XF86Config file only xorg.conf - should
> > I make a symlink to this?
>
> No. My /etc/X11/XF8Config is just a symlink to /etc/X11/xorg.conf,
> which is the file I should have suggested looking at.

Ummmm..I am running 9.2, KDE 3.4, 64 bit with the nvidia driver loaded.
My xorg.conf is not being used. It still has the specs and info for an
old monitor that I changed out about a month ago. My system appears to
be using the XF86Conf file now.

This discussion is beginning to worry me that something is wrong with my
setup.

> Generally the driver should be "nvidia" rather than "nv" for the
> nvidia driver. glxinfo should give something like:
>
> name of display: :0.0
> display: :0 screen: 0
> direct rendering: Yes
> server glx vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
That is what I get from glxinfo.

Bob S.

< Previous Next >