Re: [SLE] Video Cards w/ DVI
  • From: Michael James <Michael.James@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 14:38:28 +1000
On Wed, 4 May 2005 01:03 pm, Randall R Schulz wrote:

> For now (starting tomorrow, when the new DVI-equipped card arrives),
> I'll simply connect my laptop's VGA port directly to the VGA port of
> the flat-panel display and use the display's DVI port to connect to
> the new video card.
> I use the KVM solely to switch the keyboard while
> switching the display via it's front-panel controls and manually
> switching from one mouse to the other.
>
> Very cumbersome, I know, but I don't tend to switch off very often.

I have a Belkin USB switch I plan to use for that.
Plug both computers in the back and it selects which
talks to the USB keyboard and mouse.
Trouble is, it is controlled by a little software utility,
which is only supplied in Mac and Windows.
So I have to cook up a linux equivalent.

michaelj

--
Michael James michael.james@xxxxxxxx
System Administrator voice: 02 6246 5040

Internet Explorer is fine for downloading Firefox,
but after that....

< Previous Next >