Re: [SLE] "Linux leaders flee Novell"...
  • From: SuSE Ground Zero <suse_x@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 18:23:49 +0300

Here comes the 1st smoke screen:

http://www.prnewswire.com/news/index_mail.shtml?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/05-10-2005/0003592022&EDATE=

L. Mark Stone wrote:

On Tuesday, May 10, 2005 09:00 am, SuSE Ground Zero wrote:

Predictable ... now I guess we gonna see some damage control and
smoke screens from Novell.

L. Mark Stone wrote:

On Tuesday, May 10, 2005 09:54 am, Ben Higginbottom wrote:

On 5/10/05, SuSE Ground Zero <suse_x@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Predictable ... now I guess we gonna see some damage control and
smoke screens from Novell. SuSE brand was mortified from 9.2
version allready, now it is just dying faster.

Why are you and Preston never seen together? :-)

Shhhh! You'll give away the secret! ;-)

Seibert seemed to have been parachuted into the role as boss of Suse
in order to ease the Novell buyout. Thats happened, the Suse business
unit is seems to be generating a tidy sum for Novell. Looks like he's
done a pretty good job and decided to move on, more than likely back
to IBM with a comfortable VP role in the Linux division.

Seibert has also been with Suse for ~ 2 1/2 years which is a pretty
good run for someone at that level.

No disagreement in principle from me. I just expected more "1+1=3" offerings from Novell/SuSE in the past year. And the one "1+1=3" offering I tried to use I found would work only for new, not existing clients. I think they could have done a better job there. Plus, SLES9 unit sales were not up as much as I think anyone expected/hoped, given the backing of Novell's sales force, IBM's support, and all the free publicity from the acquisition.

< Previous Next >