Re: [SLE] Mondo
  • From: Koenraad Lelong <k.lelong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 13:18:31 +0200
Graham Smith wrote:
On Sun, 1 May 2005 14:58, Greg Wallace wrote:

I have only used Mondo to backup to a DVD, which creates a bootable DVD. It backs up all the data onto the DVD in a compressed format. You can tell it to exclude certain drives/partitions from the command line.
Did anyone succeed to make a bootable CD/DVD on a smp (hypertreading) machine with a SATA-disk ?
First I tried mindi, but my kernel (updated standard 9.2) is too big to fit the floppies (?). When I tried the mindi-kernel, I could boot from the test-CD, but the process hung on starting/mounting (don't exactly remember) the disk.
Then I tried mondoarchive, which also complained about the floppies, but also that mkisofs could not find isolinux.bin. The resulting iso is 34kb big.
TIA
--
Met vriendelijke groeten,
Koenraad Lelong