Re: [SLE] "Linux leaders flee Novell"...
  • From: Matthew Stringer <qube@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 13:23:27 +0100

> Agreed, base on experience with SuSE since 5.0.
> The best SuSE 6.4, 7.2, 9.0, and of run.
> And this is on purpose ( in my opinion ).
> I start to understand why Munchen Germany is dropping SuSE
> and going for Debian.
>
> Jul

Why?

Love to know what people do with their Linux that every time a new version
comes out they have to say it's rubbish?!

I've been in IT for 6 years, back then all our systems ran Debian and then
after 2 years Red Hat then after a year SuSE, have to say that SuSE is by far
the most polished and complete distro, always had a ballache getting Debian
and RH to work and experience few problems with SuSE.

Been running Suse on my desktop since 6.4 and other than the standard linux
problems of getting videos to work it's never let me down.

Just building a platform on 20 DL380 servers on SES9 because of the endless
config tweaks we had to do using RH-AS4 SuSE was the only viable platorm.

I think with the Novel Partnership there will be big things ahead for SuSE.

Matthew

< Previous Next >