Re: [SLE] SuSE / Novell Patch System on 9.3
  • From: Jason Snyder <jmcsnyder@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 15:27:56 -0700
Hi,
I went out of my way to have hardware that plays well with previous releases
of SuSE. Here is a listing:

1. M/B: ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe (nForce2 based).
2. CPU: Athlon XP 3200.
3. RAM: 2x512 MB Corsiar XMS. (Tried Kingston Value RAM, but ran into
problems with M/B insisting on too aggressive timings even after manually
setting which destabilized the system.)
3. Video: GForce 6800 GT.
4. Sound: Primary - SB Live!, Secondary - SB 128, Unused - Onboard sound
(broken, which seems to be common with this board).
5. Network: Primary - Onboard 10/100, Not used - Onboard Gigabit (SuSE 9.2 was
fine with this one, but SuSE 9.3 couldn't handle it.)
6. TV Tuner - Hauppauge WinTV GO (SuSE 9.2 was fine with it, but SuSE 9.3
couldn't handle this one either.)

I got SuSE 9.1 and SuSE 9.2 to run stable on this system and I even got
windows XP to run as stable as I have ever seen windows run (which is not
saying all that much).

Do you see anything readily wrong with this setup?

> Don't doubt you're having problems, but I don't really think it is the
> fault of the release per se. Maybe some combination of hardware/whatever.

< Previous Next >