Re: [SLE] Gawd awful boot screen
  • From: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 09:29:25 -0400
Felix Miata wrote:
James Knott wrote:

Why is it so difficult to make such a simple change??? What am I missing?

I solve it the same way immediately after every modern Linux install. I
edit /boot/grub/menu.txt to replace splash=silent (or whatever splash=
is set to) with splash=0. It's a lot easier than mkinitrd.

All that does, is turn off the graphic display during boot up. I am able to change that to something suitable. However, I still get that ugly picture at the boot options and User/password screens. Is there any way of changing that???

< Previous Next >