Re: [SLE] Gawd awful boot screen
  • From: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 11:54:36 -0400
Anders Johansson wrote:
On Friday 20 May 2005 15:29, James Knott wrote:

All that does, is turn off the graphic display during boot up. I am
able to change that to something suitable. However, I still get that
ugly picture at the boot options

That's the grub 'message' file. Have a look at /boot/message or /etc/bootsplash/themes/SuSE/bootloader/message, it is a cpio archive. If you unpack it you should be able to see how to change it

and User/password screens. Is there any way of changing that???

That's the kdm screen. Change UseTheme to False in /etc/opt/kde3/share/config/kdm/kdmrc and then go to KDE's control centre and set the background image there

OK, tnx. They sure don't make it easy!

Incidentally, one thing I noticed in the message file, is the inclusion of my SCPM profiles. You'd think that if they could so easily add those, it shouldn't be too hard to change the image, without having to resort to cpio.

< Previous Next >