Re: [SLE] CD Burning in GNOME
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 23:44:35 +0200
On Tuesday 24 May 2005 23:44, Fred A. Miller wrote:
> No, "crippled" in that it won't burn DVDs. I read a blub somewhere that it
> won't because of DRM........can't remember if it was on the xcdroast site
> or where now. Anyway, k3b does burn even DL DVDs, so I just use it and
> don't mess with xcdroast anymore.

I can't imagine where you got that idea. Neither xcdroast nor k3b burn
anything at all. They are just frontends to the respective tools, such as
growisofs

And I have never heard it suggested that there are DRM issues around burning
DVDs. If you can find the link it would be interesting.

By the way, there is nothing about it on xcdroast.org, in fact that site has a
tutorial on burning DVDs