xorg.conf and XF86Config get mixed up.
  • From: "Steven T. Hatton" <hattons@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 22:50:27 -0400
Has anyone else had a problem with X getting confused between
the /etc/X11/xorg.conf and /etc/X11/XF86Config? I just installed a new
NVidia GeForce 6800 GT. The setup was an adventure to say the least. I kept
having problems where X would start with one configuration on boot, and
another when it was restarted. I finally deleted the /etc/X11/xorg.conf and
changed the /etc/X11/XF86Config by hand, to put the correct modeline at the
top of the list, and give it the correct DisplaySize values.

Anyone else had these problems?
--
Regards,
Steven