Re: [SLE] Novell reports loss
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 23:44:49 +1000
Allen wrote:
On Fri, May 27, 2005 at 02:36:44PM -0700, Osho GG wrote:

See the full news at

http://news.com.com/Novell+reports+loss+as+older+business+shrinks/2100-1014_3-5721416.html

I hope this does not influence the future of SuSE Linux negatively. A
quote from the article:

Well if every idiot who can't RTFM and screws up the install would quit
spamming SUSE-Linux-E with how "bad" 9.3 is maybe they would do a little
better.

Hmm, yet another SuSE geek's response to a serious problem :-) .

Why don't people try Xandros Deluxe v3.0? Installs like a dream, recognises all the hardware, automatically resizes Windows partitions during installation, the sound works from the start, installs during the installation process the nVidia driver without all the crap about proprietary s/ware, and it even runs some M$ software like Photoshop and Office because it comes with CrossOver Office. Oh, and when you turn off the Screensaver it actually turns off and stays off.

Personally I think this is the future desktop OS to replace M$, but what do I know.

If you live in Australia, a copy of Xandros OCE (Open Circulation Edition) v3.0 is available on the DVD which comes with the June issue of the APC magazine and if you have broadband then you can download this version from the xandros site www.xandros.com . Try it.

"Revenue grew, but we'd like to see them grow more," Tibbetts said.
"Even in our Linux business, we would have liked to do better there."

--
Osho