Re: [SLE] Novell reports loss
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 00:48:15 +0200
On Sunday 29 May 2005 00:27, Ben Rosenberg wrote:
> On 5/28/05, Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > >
> > > FUD
> >
> > How is that FUD? FUD stands for Fear, uncertainty and doubt. The price of
> > the POWER platform is out there for anyone to see. While the price tag
> > does scare me, there is no uncertainty or doubt about it. It is bloody
> > expensive
>
> FUD in this sense equals bullshit.

Cute

> A comparable Dual AMD 64 is as
> expensive or more expensive the a Dual G5 of the same power so
> again... the cost buy in argument is crap.

Oh I am sorry, I do beg your forgiveness. All the masses who went out and
bought dual Opterons for their desktops could have gotten dual G5s for the
same price. My my, what a mistake to make, how could I have been so stupid

> And when you have the Mini,
> iBook, iMac and eMac out there.. again for what you get .. it's not
> expensive.

Most people can't buy on a cost/performance argument, most people have to look
at actual money spent

> But then again I don't give a shit... let people use what
> they want but don't use that niche market shit... it's the same
> argument that Windows user use against Linux .. "well, until grandma
> can use it.. it's a niche player".

No, not really. Until it gets a significant percentage of users it is, and
yes, linux on the desktop is a niche player still (linux on the server
isn't).

> > > Cell
> >
> > huh?
>
> PPC Cell Processor.. ie. XBox 360 and Playstation 3 as well as the new
> server blades that IBM showed at E3. There is also talk that these
> will power Apple laptops and Desktops in the very near future. They
> top out at 3.8ghz now but IBM says they will be running at 4.6Ghz
> within 18 months.

Sounds very interesting

< Previous Next >