menu structure
  • From: Sunny <sloncho@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 13:42:52 -0600
Hi,
I have a lot of troubles to understand the menu structure used in SuSE 9.2.

The problem: I have installed crossover office. It created CrossOver menu
entry in KDE, and "Windows Application" entry as well.

Unfortunately I have deleted the "Windows Application" entry and I can not
make it reappear. Even complete reinstall of CrossOver does not help.

Now I have in /usr/share/desktop-directories these 2 .directory files, but
only CrossOver one is shown.

So, I started to dig in, and I see that the menu structure (folder "Windows
Applications", subfolder "Programs", and .desktop files for the apps) is in
~/.kde/share/applink

But if I try to create a new Menu subfolder in Menu Editor, it puts a
new .directory file in ~/.local/share/desktop-directories, and if I create a
new menu item (application) it puts its .desktop file in ~/.local/share/apps.

If I go in MenuEditor and delete the new created entries, these files from
~/.local/share are not deleted.

So, I think there should be one more file somewere else, which defines the
relations between the Menu folders and the apps, but I can not find where.

And I can not figure out how to recreate my "Windows Applications" entries. I
can do it manually, but that way if I install some new application in
CrossOver, it will not appear on the menu, but entry will be created in
~/.kde/shared/applink/Windows Application

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Sunny

--
Get Firefox