Re: [SLE] need ??
At 01:36 PM 4/2/2005 +0200, you wrote:
Tom Peters <tpeters@xxxxxxxxxx> [Fri, 01 Apr 2005 14:23:16 -0600]:

>I also have cpqarrayd-2.0-1.src.rpm and cpqarrayd-2.0.tar.gz but haven't
>tried to use them yet.
>When I try to install it, it barks at me about a lib:
>rpm -Uvh cpqarrayd-2.0-1.i386.rpm
>error: Failed dependencies:
> is needed by cpqarrayd-2.0-1

The .rpm has been built for a different distribution. You should rebuild
it so that it matches your system. Do so by installing the .src.rpm,
change to /usr/src/packages/SRC and call 'rpmbuild -bb cpqarrayd'. After

I had no problems installing the src.rpm, well it's not hard, but I'm not sure where to go to build the new rpm-- in /usr/src/packages the only directories I have are BUILD RPMS SOURCES SPECS SRPMS

Also, when building the source rpm, it groused about this: "warning: user spark does not exist, using root." Is this a problem?

rpm has finished, you'll find the newly built rpm in

That should be installable without problems.

Philipp Thomas
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH

Also check the archives at

The best insurance policy for tomorrow is to make the most productive
use of today. -- Author Unknown
tpeters@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (remove "nospam") N9QQB (amateur radio)
"HEY YOU" (loud shouting) WEB ADDRESS http//
43° 7' 17.2" N by 88° 6' 28.9" W, Elevation 815', Grid Square EN53wc
WAN/LAN/Telcom Analyst, Tech Writer, MCP, CCNA, Registered Linux User 385531

< Previous Next >