Re: [SLE] need libcrypto.so.2 ??
At 01:36 PM 4/2/2005 +0200, you wrote:
Tom Peters <tpeters@xxxxxxxxxx> [Fri, 01 Apr 2005 14:23:16 -0600]:

>I also have cpqarrayd-2.0-1.src.rpm and cpqarrayd-2.0.tar.gz but haven't
>tried to use them yet.
>
>When I try to install it, it barks at me about a lib:
>rpm -Uvh cpqarrayd-2.0-1.i386.rpm
>error: Failed dependencies:
> libcrypto.so.2 is needed by cpqarrayd-2.0-1

The .rpm has been built for a different distribution. You should rebuild
it so that it matches your system. Do so by installing the .src.rpm,
change to /usr/src/packages/SRC and call 'rpmbuild -bb cpqarrayd'. After

I had no problems installing the src.rpm, well it's not hard, but I'm not sure where to go to build the new rpm-- in /usr/src/packages the only directories I have are BUILD RPMS SOURCES SPECS SRPMS

Also, when building the source rpm, it groused about this: "warning: user spark does not exist, using root." Is this a problem?

rpm has finished, you'll find the newly built rpm in
/usr/src/packages/RPMS/i586.

That should be installable without problems.

Philipp

--
Philipp Thomas
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH