RE: [SLE] SCSI card selection
  • From: "Anders Norrbring" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 23:52:02 +0200
> I've checked the lists and I still have a question(s) about getting an
> appropriate SCSI card.
>
> I need to install a tape drive (SCSI 160) in a DELL box running SuSE 9.2
> and
> I'm totally confused on which or what SCSI card to purchase. Can someone
> please make some recommendations?

Frank,
I'd say that just about any U160 card would do for a tape drive. Just see to
that the PCI bus is compatible with your motherboard.

Personally I prefer Adaptec when it comes to SCSI, their "Adaptec SCSI Card
29160" ( would be an excellent choice for best compatibility with other
hardware.

Anders