Re: [SLE] Mounting SuSE 9.3 ISO image...
  • From: James Wright <jwright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 14:06:45 -0400

mb1-knetdome wrote:
Since SuSE 9.3 isn't yet released, it has to be a beta or
release candidate
copy. Agree? Good.

it might be, but not necessarily.

Bottom line, what you're doing is illegal. I hope SuSE and
Novell will hunt
you and your "friends" down and prosecute you accordingly.

Anders Norrbring
Norrbring Consulting

i've been contacted by someone from suse.de, i'll be totally
forthcoming with them.

I just wanted to say that the above quote:

I hope SuSE and Novell will hunt you and your "friends" down and prosecute you accordingly.

is not only unnecessary, but a bit rude. We are all entitled to our own opinion, and we may feel free to speak it. Why make yourself appear like a jerk and add a snide remark just because you are right? How does that really help anyone. If you truly feel that someone is breaking a law, and you really want to become involved you should quietly report it instead of purposely trying to make someone feel bad. For me, I have moved my computers to Linux to avoid all of these legality issues of copyrights and licensing. It should also be noted that this person did indeed purchase the newest version, and was probably just a little too eager to try it out.

- james

< Previous Next >