Re: [SLE] Interesting review of SuSE 9.3
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 22:38:51 +0200

http://www.suse.com/feedback

> One thing I want to caution everyone against, is do not discourage
> people from complaining on a newsgroup, such as this one, about things
> that are troubling them about the SuSE products. Even if the complaint
> is redundant and has been raised before, the more people complain the
> higher it raises the priority to get that issued fixed and/or addressed.

Only if it is phrased rationally. "This is crap" is unlikely to end up
anywhere except in a trashcan. "This is wrong because [....]" has a better
chance to attract attention.

> I really hope Novel is monitoring this group for their own sake, having
> feedback is so darn vital and valuable it is not funny. They would be
> wise to even have someone officially represent them, monitoring and
> responding from time to time, on this news group...

There are many Novell/SUSE employees who monitor this list, although not as an
official part of the job. But they are here and they do provide answers and
input. Just look at the archives of the past month on lists.suse.com/archive/
and you will find several