SUSE on small machine
  • From: Glenn Holmer <gholmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 20:55:55 -0600
I'm trying to get SUSE 9.2 to install on an old machine with just
64M of core and no CD-ROM drive. OK, I built the half-dozen floppy
images on another machine and went to install from that machine
over HTTP. The install starts, warning me to add swap first (which
I do, as there's already a Linux swap partition available), but then
it just hangs with the progress bar about 3/4 filled.

Is this even possible in 64M?

Glenn Holmer (Linux registered user #16682)
I am closing down. I have much to do; you have engaged
my circuits on your petty affairs for far too long.
-Orac (the computer), Blake's 7