Re: [SLE] procmail problems (was: Re: [SLE] Tape drive isn´t recognized!)
  • From: Danny Sauer <suse-linux-e.suselists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 09:07:02 -0600
On Thursday 10 March 2005 04:25 pm, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> * Danny Sauer <suse-linux-e.suselists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [03-10-05
11:37]:
> > On a semi-unrelated note (yeah, I'm sort of hijacking this thread, but
> > it's kinda related), I have this rule in my .procmailrc:
> >
> > # Suse-linux-english list
> >
> > :0
> > * ^[sS]ubject:.*\[SLE\]
> > .lists.suse/
> >
> > Why would that be missing these messages?
>
> addendum to previous answer:
>
> the char combination "\[" has special meaning in procmail

I'm not finding that meaning in the man pages - what's its special meaning?
Are you confusing \[ with \<, perhaps?

BTW, I use the subject line so the rule will catch replies inadvertently (or
"advertently") sent directly to me. Perhaps I should add a rule for the
header, though these messages about the tape drive are the first that
weren't caught by the subject rule. I still think it has something to do
with the accent char being used as an apostrophe, and that somehow breaking
my old procmail (version 3.22 from 2001).

--Danny