Re: [SLE] Changing assignment order of network cards to eth0, eth1

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ken Schneider" <suse-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "SuSE email list" <suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, March 12, 2005 10:52 PM
Subject: Re: [SLE] Changing assignment order of network cards to eth0, eth1

On Sat, 2005-03-12 at 09:47, Robert Rozman wrote:
Hi,

I use software that does always use eth0 as red and eth1 as green network
card (in sense of Firewall). But cards are detected in wrong order, so would
like to swap assignment (so first card would be eth1 and second eth0). Is
this possible with some settings ?

Regards,

Rob.

I think the first card will always be eth0. Why not just switch the
cables?

Hi,

thanks for info. Well I would, but one card is Gigabit and would like to use it on internal network. The other one is 100Mbit thah will go to ADSL side...

Regards,

Rob.

--
Ken Schneider