Re: [SLE] NICs changing names by themselves?
  • From: Gerhard den Hollander <gdenhollander@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 12:54:20 +0100
* Anders Norrbring <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx> (Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 12:45:38PM +0100)

> I have a box with 2 NICs in it. SuSE 9.2 Pro.

> One Realtek that starts up as eth0, and a Broadcom that starts up as eth1.
> So far, so good.

> But suddenly after a reboot, they've changed places? The Realtek is then
> eth1 and the Broadcom is eth0.

> A couple of reboots later, they've changed places again! How can I control
> this? I need static naming since I have apps that depends on the correct
> name/network.

Manually activate them in the right order .. the first one to get actovated
becomes eth0, the second one becomes eth1 &c

Kind regards,
--
Gerhard den Hollander Phone :+31-10.280.1515
Global ICT manager Direct:+31-10.280.1539

solely for the use of the addressee. This e-mail shall not be deemed binding
unless confirmed in writing. If you have received it by mistake, please let us
know by e-mail reply and delete it from your system; you may not copy this
message or disclose its contents to anyone. Please note that any views or
opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not
necessarily represent those of the company. E-mail transmission cannot be
guaranteed to be secure or error-free. The sender therefore does not accept
liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which
arise as a result of e-mail transmission.