Re: [SLE] NICs changing names by themselves?
  • From: "Joe Morris (NTM)" <Joe_Morris@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 06:28:46 -0600
Anders Norrbring wrote:
I have a box with 2 NICs in it. SuSE 9.2 Pro.

One Realtek that starts up as eth0, and a Broadcom that starts up as eth1.
So far, so good.

But suddenly after a reboot, they've changed places? The Realtek is then
eth1 and the Broadcom is eth0.

A couple of reboots later, they've changed places again! How can I control
this? I need static naming since I have apps that depends on the correct
name/network.
You could try adding the kernel module names for the NICs to /etc/sysconfig/kernel "MODULES_LOADED_ON_BOOT", in the order you want them. In 6.4 days this worked great, I would assume it would still work now.
--
Joe Morris
New Tribes Mission