RE: [SLE] NICs changing names by themselves?
  • From: "Anders Norrbring" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 17:27:31 +0100

> > > eth1.

> then

> > > control
> correct
> > >
> > > look for PERSISTANT_NAME in the suse docu.
> >

> > I found PERSISTENT_NAME, and as I understand, I should add a line in the
> > /etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-eth-id-...... files to control the device
> name.
> > So, of course I tried, but the names after reboot was just the opposite
> of
> > what I had entered.
> >

> So then you went back into the file and switched them to get them
> correct? And now they are the way you want them?

Nope, sorry that I didn't make it clear. The config that has
PERSISTENT_NAME='eth0' is labelled eth1 and vice versa.

Alas, just the opposite of what I want.

I've now rebooted a number of times, and every now and then the labelling
changes (to what I want), and then changes back again. Seems like there's
no logic at all in this..

Anders.