Re: [SLE] Compiling Courier-imap Problems
  • From: Lucky Leavell <susemisc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 20:37:42 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 25 Mar 2005, Carlos E. R. wrote:

> You are suppossed to edit the spec file and use rpmbuild. Check this
> email:

Aha! That seems to be the missing piece of the puzzle! I had another
question concerning propagating a binary compiled from source to multiple
servers but rpmbuild answers that need as well.

One more question: What happens to a package I have built from source (in
this case adding mysql support to courier-imap) and installed if SuSE
releases an update to the same package? Dare I allow YoU to install such
an update or should I download the updated source and roll my own binary
again?

Thank you,
Lucky