Re: [SLE] Mouse woes -
  • From: "Carl E. Hartung" <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 23:56:55 -0500
On Friday 25 March 2005 11:33 pm, Marc Chamberlin wrote:
<snip>
> My mouse for my laptop is actually a Micro Innovations wireless optical
> mouse, but there is no driver listed for it in the set of mouse drivers
> shown by YAST, so I was just trying to experiment an find out if one of the
> others would work.

Hi Marc,

Let's start at the top: Make and model of laptop? Model number of mouse?
Does the laptop have an integrated infrared port or are you using an adapter
supplied with the mouse? If so, where does the adapter plug into the laptop?

> Anywise, I have not had success, but now I am encountering another new
> problem, I cannot even open the mouse panel within YAST. The moment it
> trys to show the list of possible mouse types, I get an immediate reboot
> of my laptop! BOOM! No chance to change the selection, this happens
> immediately.

You can try running YaST in text mode ("ncurses") to see if not having X
initialized helps: Hit the number "3" key at the boot menu before selecting
to boot into SuSE. That'll take you up to run level 3. Log in as root and
run "yast".

- Carl

Dover Foxcroft, Maine, USA Public Keys 68396713 & F8207216
----->>>>>http://www.fsf.org/campaigns/supportlinuxbios.html <<<<<-----