Re: [SLE] Windows Media Codecs Install?
  • From: "B. Stia" <usr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 01:12:18 -0500
<fmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > I get something like "not demultiplexed" as an error while trying
> > to play a dvd movie. What I'd like is to be able to watch a movie
> > with xine, but so far it won't get past the stinking "protections."
> > And, yes......I've installed the codecs.
>
> You need libdvdnav, libdvdread and libdvdcss installed in order to
> past the encryption, and to use the menus.

As an aside to this thread; I've installed the codecs from packman.
several weeks ago. Tonight though, I noticed that in
my /usr/src/packages files, that there is a w32codec rpm sitting there
as well as the SOURCES and SPECS.
Where did these come from? I am positive it wasn't an .src file.

Bob S.

< Previous Next >