Re: [SLE] Apt-get problem
  • From: Keith Powell <keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2005 20:17:32 +0000
On Saturday 05 Feb 2005 18:26, Richard Bos wrote:
> Op zaterdag 5 februari 2005 16:33, schreef Keith Powell:
> > Headings are fine, but I can't download any packages from either
> > repository. Anything I try to download fails with an "unknown signature"
> > error message. I have even tried to download the rpmkey files (in case
> > that was what was causing the problem), but they failed with the same
> > error message. I have tried deselecting "verify packages signatures" in
> > synaptic, but it makes no difference.
> >
> > I have tried downloading just your rpmkey file - same error, and also I
> > have tried downloading one of your packages (gdome) but that fails also
> > with the error message.
>
> yes of course ;) Even if the rpmkeys are signed you still do not have the
> rpmkey registered... You need to use 'apt --no-checksig --no-post install
> rpmkey.....'
> --no-checksig prevents signature checking and well no postscript is
> necessary in this case.
>
> > So, I went to the GWDG site and manually downloaded both your rpmkey and
> > gdome on to my hard drive. Using Konqueror/YasT they have installed
> > without any problems.  So it is just apt which is the problem.
>
> But konqueror and yast do _not_ the rpmkey delivered by rpm! Apt has the
> code to do that. Remove the rpmkey and have it install with apt mentioned
> apt. In this case you can specify the downloaded rpmkey file saved on your
> harddisk:
> apt --no-checksig --no-post install rpmkey.....filename
>
> What package gives you problems?
> Check this package with 'apt showpkg <pkg>'

Richard, thank you for your reply.

I have got apt/synaptic working again by editing the gpg-checker.conf file as
suggested by David. But why the problem suddenly occurred is a mystery. As
far as I know I had done nothing which may have caused it.

Thank you for the clear explanations. They are very useful to have and I have
written them down and will work through them.

Both gwdg and mathematik are back up to speed today.

Cheers

Keith

< Previous Next >