Re: [SLE] problems getting MPlayer installed and running
  • From: MindBender <ephlodur@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2005 14:53:47 -0800 (PST)
Do your research on the missing packages and install
them.. use google to track them...
but here is a head up..
I had the same problem with SuSE 9.2
If the mozilla GUI is not so important for you
you can D/L the source using the link below
downloads the codecs try the essentials...
install them to /usr/local/lib/codecs BEFORE
compiling MPlayer, otherwise no
Win32 support will be compiled!
you can also D/L the fonts..
go to the directory you have decompress them and type
is all goes well 'type make' and 'type make install'
if there are missing package install them and try
./configure again..
Good luck.....
--- "Carl E. Hartung" <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> (command line) or the YaST Install & Remove Software
> module (SuSE's gui
> interface to rpm.) They're really great tools
> designed to help you
> avoid inadvertently breaking your system.
> regards,
> - - Carl

email : ephlodur@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
What we need is Awareness we can't get carelless.

Do you Yahoo!?