Re: [SLE] Linux and hardware mp3 players
  • From: Bruce Marshall <bmarsh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 08:47:18 -0500
On Tuesday 08 February 2005 08:39 am, Gerhard den Hollander wrote:
> Im looking for a hardware mp3 player that's supported under linux:
>
> my main requirements are:
> **LINUX SUPPORT**
> cheap (<$100/Euro 100)
> at least 2 hours playing time (256M or more)
> **LINUX SUPPORT** (even if it's just mount as massstorage
> device and drop the mp3s on it)
> Ideally self-charging (as in, stick it in the USB slot and it
> will recharge itself)
>
> Any recommendations ?

Take a look at the RCA Lyras, particularly the 1021 and the 1071 models. The
1021 (64MB) is $50US and the 1071(128mb) is about $70US.

Each will take an SD card so don't worry about the memory shown above. They
are small but have a USB connector and mount as two different drives... one
for the card and one for the main memory.

> Apples iStick / iShuffle sounds like it would fit the bill but
> 1) i'm not sure if it can be used from within linux
> 2) it has a one second gap between tracks
>
> Currently listening to: 10D1Track08
>
> Gerhard, (faliquid@xxxxxxxxx) == The Acoustic Motorbiker ==
> --
> __O You'll grow to loathe my name, You'll hate me just the same
> =`\<, You won't need your breath, and soon you'll meet your death
> (=)/(=) Not from the years, not from the use
> Not form the tears, just self abuse

< Previous Next >