Re: [SLE] Linux and hardware mp3 players
  • From: Thibaut Cousin <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 22:55:31 +0100
Le Mardi 8 Février 2005 10:50, jfweber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx a écrit :
> Right now I don't have time to play w/ it. So it's being returned to sender
> ( seller ) and it apparently isn't the first, when I called for an RMA,
> they asked me if these were the sorts of problems I was having.  So, I'm
> still looking for a lightweight, if posible high volume music player.
> Preferably it will play oggs. but I shall suffer along mp3s if I must.

Sorry to jump in the middle of the discussion. ;-) I have a small iRiver
player. The nice thing is that the firmware can be upgraded to support Ogg
and it works really well, both as mp3/ogg player and portable hard drive (at
least in SUSE 9.2, the 9.1 kernel didn't want to access it). Mine is a small
128 Mo player, but I heard they have a newer player with much a higher
capacity. I hope they keep supporting Ogg in that one.
Regards,

--
Thibaut Cousin
http://www.thibaut-cousin.net