Re: [SLE] Linux and hardware mp3 players
  • From: Gerhard den Hollander <gdenhollander@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 09:22:32 +0100
Thanks to all who replied, but so far I haven;t had anyone recommened a
player that does what I want ;)
They'r eeither too small (128M) or too expensive (>$100).

My main use for this will be to use as a player when cycling back and forth
from work , and I do;t want to risk a $300 player to get soaked with rain
and become useless ...

> Im looking for a hardware mp3 player that's supported under linux:
>
> my main requirements are:
> **LINUX SUPPORT**
> cheap (<$100/Euro 100)
> at least 2 hours playing time (256M or more)
> **LINUX SUPPORT** (even if it's just mount as massstorage
> device and drop the mp3s on it)
> Ideally self-charging (as in, stick it in the USB slot and it
> will recharge itself)
>
> Any recommendations ?
>
> Apples iStick / iShuffle sounds like it would fit the bill but
> 1) i'm not sure if it can be used from within linux
> 2) it has a one second gap between tracks

Currently listening to: d102-AudioTrack 02

Gerhard, <faliquid@xxxxxxxxx> == The Acoustic Motorbiker ==
--
__O Ik zit hier voor het raam
=`\<, Ik zit me stierlijk te vervelen