File systems and SCSI Arrays...
  • From: "Anders Norrbring" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 17:05:57 +0100
I've noticed some annoying problems with one of my new systems.. The disk
space is located on a Compaq Smart Array 3200 controller.
The controller takes care of everything regarding RAID, so that part doesn't
load the Linux system.
The system loads the driver cpqarray in initrd, everything seems fine so
far.

The problem is that when the file system gets a load, it takes forever to
complete and the system seems hanged. After 10-40 seconds, it continues its
work.

Since it's SuSE Linux, I formatted everything with reiserfs, my thinking is
that this may be the problem? I'm just guessing.. If someone can clear
things up, I'd be grateful..

Should I use another file system with Compaq Smart Array's, and if so, which
one is preferred?

Anders Norrbring

  • No further messages