Re: [SLE] mySQL startup problem
  • From: "Robert A. Rawlinson" <rarawlinson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 10:28:22 -0700
Jostein Berntsen wrote:

On 14.02.05,11:56, Robert A. Rawlinson wrote:

I just installed mysql but when I tried to start it, it complained that it could not find
priveledge tables. I found something that said I should run mysql_install_db. I did
this and still I get the message. I am running on Suse 9.1. Has anyone else had this
problem? Does anyone know how to solve it?
Bob Rawlinson

Try to delete the /var/lib/mysql directory and run 'rcmysql start' as root to fix the permissions.

- Jostein

I just tried it and it did not work. Thanks though.
Bob Rawlinson