Re: [SLE] SSH server login delayed [SOLVED]
  • From: Benjamin Hornberger <bho@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 15:20:10 -0500
At 09:08 AM 2/23/2005 -0500, Benjamin Hornberger wrote:
At 08:32 AM 2/23/2005 +0100, Josephine wrote:

1. enter in your /etc/hosts file from the ssh server the ip and hostname
of the machine you try to connect from (it is a dns lookup issue)

That helped. Thanks so much to all of you for your efforts!

Even though the problem is basically solved, I would like to ask another question: entering the gateway into the SSH server's /etc/hosts solved the problem. However, the SSH server also runs a name server (for a small private subnet), and entering the gateway into the name server database didn't help. Any hints on that? I thought if I run a name server, all I need in /etc/hosts is the localhost entry.

Thanks,
Benjamin