Re: [SLE] Recompiling glibc
  • From: Philipp Thomas <philipp.thomas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 11:39:48 +0100
JCVALIERE@xxxxxxx [Fri, 25 Feb 2005 15:08:58 +0100]:

>I need to modify the number of thread per application from 1024 to 8192.

Again, are you willing to recompile most of your system? You never know
where such constants are used (like determining the number of space to
reserve in structures etc.), so modifying such a constant risks breaking
the ABI and thus risks that other programs break in unpredictable ways.

>> > When I try to recompile glibc I got an error because the <gd.h>
>> ><gdfonts.h> <gdfontl.h> and <gd_io.h> file is not found.
>
>They are needed by the memusagestat util.

Use pin (part of the distribution) to identify the needed program.

>but I don't understand why they are missing in the glibc-2.2
>repertory.

Because they are part of different packages? Again, use 'pin' to
identify these and install them.

But once again: be aware that you risk your system if you don't
recompile *nearly all* packages. Recompiling glibc is *much* more
dangerous then recompiling the kernel.

Philipp