Re: [SLE] FTP GUI Recommendations
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2005 11:04:04 -0800

On Saturday 01 January 2005 10:34, W.D.McKinney wrote:
> GUI FTP clients ?
> IgooFTPPro is very nice. See it at

Nice. Polished. I like that. I may just spring for it ($30) after trying
it in evaluation mode a bit.

> gFTP is another one, at
> KBEAR has this URL,

These were already mentioned in my original post.

> Then there is AxY FTP at
> Also, there is the not so GUI like VFTP, seen at
> cftp also, at

Reading between the lines, I gather this is not really a GUI, but rather
a curses-style character interface. Am I right?

> And of course, the swiss army knife.

The shell and CLI-based utilities are my Swiss Army Knife. E.g., I
generally do site mirroring with "wget".

It's just that sometimes a GUI interface to FTP is more appropriate to
the task and I like to have something available (in my Windows days, I
used FTP Voyager for these purposes).

> Dee
> 01-01-2005

Thanks for the tips.