Re: [SLE] FTP GUI Recommendations
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2005 11:04:04 -0800
Dee,

On Saturday 01 January 2005 10:34, W.D.McKinney wrote:

> GUI FTP clients ?
>
> IgooFTPPro is very nice. See it at http://www.iglooftp.com/unix/

Nice. Polished. I like that. I may just spring for it ($30) after trying
it in evaluation mode a bit.

> gFTP is another one, at http://gftp.seul.org/
> KBEAR has this URL, http://kbear.sourceforge.net/

These were already mentioned in my original post.

> Then there is AxY FTP at http://www.wxftp.seul.org/
>
> Also, there is the not so GUI like VFTP, seen at
> http://www.ayukov.com/nftp/screenshots/index.html
>
> cftp also, at http://ftp.giga.or.at/pub/nih/cftp/

Reading between the lines, I gather this is not really a GUI, but rather
a curses-style character interface. Am I right?

> And of course, the swiss army knife.
> http://mc.linuxinside.com/cgi-bin/dir.cgi

The shell and CLI-based utilities are my Swiss Army Knife. E.g., I
generally do site mirroring with "wget".

It's just that sometimes a GUI interface to FTP is more appropriate to
the task and I like to have something available (in my Windows days, I
used FTP Voyager for these purposes).

> Dee
> 01-01-2005

Thanks for the tips.