Re: [SLE] logging sftp transfers
  • From: Andrew Brown <seatrout@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 08:31:51 +0000
On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 02:16:14 +0100 (CET), Carlos E. R.
<robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > shared resource. He might perfectly well leave a program running ...
>
> He can not leave a program running on your computer unless you give him a
> shell account on your computer, or unless he is a good hacker or cracker.

Well, he has got a shell account, buit I only showed him how to use an
ftp client. This is a young man from long after the age of CLIs :-)

What I am afraid of is that his housemates start plundering my server.

> sftp, dunno. Some ftp daemons do.

which ones? I don't want anythign that doesn't run through Port 22

--
Andrew Brown
What I do: www.darwinwars.com