Re: [SLE] bru speed tweaking
  • From: Michael W Cocke <cocke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 13:54:55 -0500
On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 15:20:48 -0500, you wrote:

>I was using daromizer for awhile but ran into too many errors on my RW DVD's
>so I now use DAR to back up to disk, and then a separate process to offload
>onto DVD's. That way, if I get an error, I haven't lost the slice like I
>would if using daromizer. I can retry to off-load.

What version of daromizer? Not only does version .8 support retrying
a failed burn (or format on an RW device), but there's a verify option
- which needs more work (MUCH too slow).

And a minor correction. You don't need daromizer to burn slices to
your preferred media - daromizer just allows the slice creation
process and the burn process to run in parallel. Saves time, is all.

(who wrote daromizer)

If you can keep your head while those around you are losing theirs...
You may have a great career as a network administrator ahead!
Please note - Due to the intense volume of spam, we have installed
site-wide spam filters at If email from you bounces,
try non-HTML, non-encoded, non-attachments,

< Previous Next >