Re: [SLE] bru speed tweaking
  • From: Michael W Cocke <cocke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 13:54:55 -0500
On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 15:20:48 -0500, you wrote:

[snippage]

>I was using daromizer for awhile but ran into too many errors on my RW DVD's
>so I now use DAR to back up to disk, and then a separate process to offload
>onto DVD's. That way, if I get an error, I haven't lost the slice like I
>would if using daromizer. I can retry to off-load.

What version of daromizer? Not only does version .8 support retrying
a failed burn (or format on an RW device), but there's a verify option
- which needs more work (MUCH too slow).

And a minor correction. You don't need daromizer to burn slices to
your preferred media - daromizer just allows the slice creation
process and the burn process to run in parallel. Saves time, is all.

Mike-
(who wrote daromizer)

--
If you can keep your head while those around you are losing theirs...
You may have a great career as a network administrator ahead!

< Previous Next >