Re: [SLE] Please help: one partition MUCH slower than the others
  • From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 18:54:11 -0500
Pieter Hulshoff wrote:

> For some reason, one of my partitions is MUCH slower than the others. Any
> other partition, even on the same disk, gives me speeds of 40-50 MB/s. This
> one however gives only 4-8 MB/s. This is independent of the partition being
> mounted or not. smartctl does not give me any errors, and fschk didn't find
> any problems either. Any thoughts/suggestions?

End of disk partitions can be considerably slower than those at the
front, but factor of 10 is more than I can recall ever seeing.
--
"The message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing,
but to us who are being saved, it is the power of God."

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata *** http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/