Re: [SLE] SuSE 9.2
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 18:31:05 -0800
Patrick,

On Wednesday 26 January 2005 18:11, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> * Doug McGarrett <dmcgarrett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [01-26-05 20:44]:
> > No, it is not likely. SuSE s/w comes out at about 6 month
> > intervals. Since the last release was in November 2004, the next
> > will probably be May or June 2005. If you've been reading this
> > list for a while, I should think you would not want 9.2 Pro, and if
> > you could find 9.0, you would would buy it. I would!
>
> You don't like SuSE. Why don't you go back to windoz instead of bad-
> mouthing a distro that *you* have problems with?

I'm inclined to agree. If 9.2 were anywhere near as problematic as Doug
insinuates, the list would have been inundated with problem reports for
several weeks, now.

I wish I'd found the time to install my 9.2 by now, but currently my
priorities demand that I keep the system running 100% of the time and
concentrate on work, so I'm saving that project for later. That means I
cannot legitimately make a personally substantiated counter-claim to
Doug's dour pronouncements, but as I said above, it's a pretty much a
foregone conclusion that things are as bad as Doug implies.

> On second thought, don't answer that. It was not intended to be a
> question.

I'm sorry. What was the question?

> --
> Patrick Shanahan