Re: [SLE] SuSE 9.2
  • From: Keith Powell <keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 10:24:21 +0000
On Monday 31 January 2005 04:15, John Andersen wrote:
> On Thursday 27 January 2005 02:45 am, Jack wrote:
> > I've been with SuSE since 9.0 and I think each
> > distro is better than the next.  9.2 works great and is the best
> > yet.
>
> Well had you been with Suse longer you would not think so.
>
> 8.2 is/was supurb. 9.0 couldn't touch it. A step backward.
>
> Back in the 7.X releases a similar thing happened.

I have almost given up with 9.2 and am seriously thinking of going back
to 9.1. Why?

I think that the fonts in 9.2 look terrible! They are thick, look rather
pale in colour, and the edges are ill-defined. Installing the NVidia
driver with YOU makes them look even worse. I have spent many hours
trying to find the problem and solve it, but can't. I have now run out
of ideas to try.

There are no font problems with 9.1, or with two other distros I run.
These all look excellent.

I haven't read of anyone else having these problems.

Cheers

Keith

< Previous Next >