Re: [SLE] Intercharacter spacing in OpenOffice
  • From: Jos van Kan <vankan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 15:18:04 +0100
Bruce Marshall wrote:
On Sunday 30 January 2005 05:25 pm, Paul W. Abrahams wrote:

Which package, exactly, is the one containing freetype2.spec?

Paul

For your info.... I made this change... and I didn't like the results at all and have since gone back to the distributed freetype2. Maybe I didn't have something match up right, but it didn't look good and I do have truetype fonts installed.

YMMV

freetype2-2.1.9-3 src package.

You didn't forget to delete
/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/fonts/libfreetype.so
and put a symlink there to
/usr/lib/libfreetype.so?

Because if you did you'd still have the old library in X Windows.

I noticed that the Palatino font in OOo (that printed downright ugly) has much better kerning with the byte code interpreter enabled.

Best regards,
--
Jos van Kan www.josvankan.tk

< Previous Next >