Re: [SLE] covert mixer volume reduction
  • From: "Fred A. Miller" <fmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 16:07:15 -0500
On Wed December 1 2004 8:25 am, BandiPat wrote:

[snip]

> Of course, if your volumes are changing while booted, then I'm
> suspecting you might be running some programs using sound that are
> making the changes.  I saw this just yesterday while working on a
> customer's new 9.2 machine.  One of the files started up the RealPlayer
> audio player and instantly the volumes were adjusted to about half.
> I've seen it occur with other programs as well.

That does happen, yes. However, Gamix has NEVER held the settings on this
system, nor any I've setup in the past. I'd like to know how to "force" it to
do what it should!

Fred

--
"As Internet technology itself vaults into new areas, so too does the
Microsoft monopoly and its tried-and-true bag of tricks."