Re: [SLE] Unexpected ssh, firefox and thunderbird behavior
  • From: Jorge Fábregas <fabregasj@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 00:31:01 -0400
On Thursday 02 December 2004 12:20 am, Jim Sabatke wrote:
> With firefox:
> 1. ssh to remote machine.  Same user name as on both boxes
> 2. Start firefox on remote machine
> 3. firefox runs, with setup from the "local" machine.  Remote machine
> has no bookmarks.  Bookmarks and all other setup data, only available on
> local machine are displayed.
> 4. No matter what user runs firefox on the remote machine, the local
> machine's user's data are used.
> 5. Downloads are saved to the user's directory on the local machine.

Hi,

I'm sorry but there's no way this could be possible. There is SOMETHING you
are missing in the whole picture as this really doesn't make sense. It seems
like you were doing "ssh -X localhost" !!

Did you check your hosts file? Perhaps the hostname you are giving to ssh
command is attached to your local ip and you may not be aware of it.

How do you "run" firefox in the remote machine? How are you sure you're not
running your local copy of Firefox?

Jorge