Re: [SLE] Unexpected ssh, firefox and thunderbird behavior
  • From: Jim Sabatke <jsabatke@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 23:48:47 -0600
One more piece of evidence.

I ran "firefox --help" and noticed the --display command, so from the SAME terminal session as before, I ran:

firefox --display=ripley:0.0

and it ran correctly. It even downloaded a file to the correct box.

I also checked to see which box it was running on (can't believe I didn't before, but I never suspected this would happen). Running:

firefox - run the program on the local box
firefox --display=ripley:0.0 - runs the program on the remote box

From the SAME terminal session and same login. Somehow it runs its program on the same box it displays to.

I guess I now have a workaround, but I would like to know what's happening here.

I'm also wondering if there are any security concerns here.

Thanks,

Jim

< Previous Next >