Re: [SLE] new suse home site (merged into novell's)
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 09:11:47 -0800
James,

On Thursday 02 December 2004 09:03, James Knott wrote:

> Yep, real difficult. They actually expect people to be able to read!

Don't be so glib. White text on a light gray background is not at all
easy to read, and my eyesight is quite good. Light gray text on a white
background isn't much better. Compound this with link text that has no
distinctive highlighting or feedback and you have an exemplar for poor
usability! And all of the text is in a size less than the user's
default text setting (a practice I find annoying and gratuitous--almost
as bad as opening new windows when a link is activated).

And yes, being spied on by a blurry figure with binoculars pointed right
at you really _is_ disturbing!

RRS