Re: [SLE] Changing system-time via cron...
  • From: Darryl Gregorash <raven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 06:14:08 -0600
Peli wrote:

Hi All,

I measured and now I know the exact minutes and seconds the
system-clock of my home-computer (no internet at all!) used to differ of
the "normal" time. I plan to setup a cron job to correct this, but even
after reading the list archive concerning similar topics, I really have
no idea, which scheduled command I should run.
So I would appreciate any help with issuing that command; I run SUSE 8.2
Pro there...

If you are sure of the difference in the rates of the two clocks, adjtimex should take care of everything for you. That only adjusts the system clock, so you'd also need to run "hwclock --systohc" occasionally, to keep the hardware clock up to date.