Re: [SLE] kpowersave running on a desktop ?
  • From: Hans Neukomm <hans@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 05:49:32 +0800
Paul

if you are sure you need no powersaved
then
go YAST > system > run level editor
and look for
powersaved
disable it
then click finish
and it should remain silent

there are other NON-laptop uses of powersaved, such as CPU frequency ..

hans

cyberspace ashram
http://www.kriyayoga.com

Paul Cartwright wrote:

this really isn't a critical issue, but it bothers me. in my system tray kpowersave is running and it says "plugged in". No kidding, this is a desktop Dell PC !
I think SUSE thinks I am running a Sony Vaio laptop. Is there anything I can do to tell it I have a Dell desktop?
I don't really need kpowersave running, but I guess I can figure out how to turn it off.