Re: [SLE] New Suse ATI 9200 drivers
  • From: BandiPat <penguin0601@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 22:27:32 -0500
On Thursday 16 December 2004 03:12 pm, Mike wrote:
> On Thursday 16 December 2004 20:28, BandiPat wrote:
> > On Thursday 16 December 2004 01:16 pm, Mike wrote:
> >
> > Then it sounds like you don't have 3d activated. What is the
> > result of "glxinfo" in a shell? Do you see Direct Rendering=yes?
> > What kind of results do you get with glxgears? Can you play
> > Tuxracer? My card is the 9200SE 128mb agp and works smoothly.
>
> Glxinfo tells me that direct rendering =no, Gears is slow. Somewhere
> around 195 FPS and I know it does better than that. Tuxracer tells me
> that 3d isn't available, and sax2 tells me that 3d isn't available
> for my card. It's a 9500 and recognized as radeon rv350 It hasn't
> been out of the machine for a while, so I can't remember the exact
> model. The only drivers that worked with 9.1 were the ones from SUSE.
> And that was with XFree 4..
>
> OH, well, it's not that important. I don't do that much with graphics
> anyway. Thanks for the help though.
>
> Mike
===========

Ok, it's as I suspected then. Try this:

ctrl-alt-F1
login as root
init 3
Enter
sax2 (this will take you into your graphics setup)
setup all graphics, resolutions, monitor, 3d, etc.
Finalize, test, exit
init 5

Then run your commands again and try your screensaver.

regards,
Lee

Registered Linux User #225206
"Don't let the fear of striking out keep
you from playing the game!"