RE: [SLE] 9.1 > 9.2 question
  • From: "Kevin Krieser" <kkrieser@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 17:46:02 -0600
I know that I'm having a few problems with my 9.1 distribution. Don't know
the cause, but I can no longer get a login prompt on my virtual terminals.
And YaST was giving me problems the other day when I wanted to change my X
screen resolution.

Since I didn't receive the 9.2 upgrade for Christmas, and some other
expenses have come up, I've decided to backup my home directories to another
computer, and reinstall 9.1 (which I paid for) and see if it works again.
Will do a fresh install. Have to backup the system because 9.1 doesn't like
XFS, so I'll have to reformat the drives first.

I haven't tried WiFi yet with Suse, though it works on an old laptop with
White Box Linux. But I took the easy route for my desktop and bought an
external WiFi bridge.